You're probably looking for the "leading" style which in Flash/Flex is
defined as "Additional vertical space between lines of text." (Although
designers tell me that this isn't the real definition of leading, this is
how flash uses the term.)  You should be able to set this value to negative
numbers as well as 0 and positive numbers.  The default is 2.

Dan Freiman
nondocs <http://nondocs.blogspot.com>