I'm pretty sure the custom window shifts when transitions are
applied to the content. I'll try and explain some more how
everything is built:

the custom window is a canvas with a label, a close button and
another canvas (contentHolder) which will hold the window's content.

the module contains an instance of this custom window, and ads the
content to it via actionscript (I have a method in the custom window
class which sets the content and the dimmensions of the
contentHolder)

the transitions are implemented in the content class.

So: schematic this would look like this:

content -> {contentHolder} Custom Window -> Module -..-> Module
Loader.

calling this.parent.parent from content would highlight CustomWindow
(seeing that this.parent would highlight contentHolder which is a
child of the custom window).

this.parent changes only the inner canvas and even though I have set
autolayout=true, the custom window doesn't enlarge.

this.parent.parent.parent doesn't work.

Any ideas?