I simply assign the input values to some properties of the filter whenever
they change.
Cheers,
Ralf.

On 5/24/07, Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  using this approach the filter functions still need to reference the
view to get optional filter parameters correct.  For example, if you want to
filter based on a user inputed text field you can just do this:

collection.filterFunction = filter.filterFunction (textFld.text);

since the filter functions can not accept parameters.

In thinking about this I am wondering if this would work instead:

FilterClass.filterByName(collection,textFld.text);

Then within the class, the static method "filterByName" will
handle assigning a filter function to the collection and using the "
textFld.text" to filter.

Is there something that I am missing with this approach.

- Kevin