A swf www.abc.com cannot dl data from localhost without a policyFile on localhost. If you place a policyFile on the server hosting mysql and allow the server where your swf resides you 'should' be alright.

regards,

Bjorn

On 28/05/2007, at 6:23 PM, li.wen wrote:

Hello,

Such as, mysql server I am using is "localhost:3066" in my server. And my server has address "www.abc.com". The swf file runs as www.abc.com/abc/abc.swf. Does it count in same domain?

Regards,
Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: John Robinson
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 2:00 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] sandbox error

I'm not quite sure what it is you're doing, but it sounds like you're talking directly to mysql over a socket connection. I'd be very careful in doing so in that all of your mysql authentication info is included in the swf file. The swf can be easily decompiled and your database compromised.

I'd look into using server-side technology to handle the mysql interaction.... CF/PHP/etc.

Aside from that, you're swf once uploaded is running in whatever domain you uploaded it to. If you want to disregard the above, and just get it working, make sure mysql and the swf are running on the EXACT same domain.

John Robinson - Flash/Flex Developer at large
Blog: http://jrobinsonmedia.wordpress.com