From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sandeep
Malik
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Showing item roll over color in a data grid manually

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your code snippet and thanks for your time!

However, I wanted to have a "itemRollOver" color on the data grid.
Setting of selectedIndex on data grid sets the "selectionColor" and
may change certain other things as "selectedIndex" is a bindable
property.

Is there any other way, probably short of painting the row with
a "itemRollOver" color?

Regards,
Sandeep

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ,
learner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> use the hitData object of the ChartItemEvent class
>
> sample is as follows :
>

> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!-- Simple example to demonstrate the PieChart control. -->
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
> <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
layout="absolute">

> <mx:Script>
> <![CDATA[
> import mx.controls.Alert;
> import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
> import mx.charts.events.ChartItemEvent;
> [Bindable]
> private var medalsAC:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection
( [
> { Country: "USA", Gold: 35, Silver:39, Bronze: 29 },
> { Country: "China", Gold: 32, Silver:17, Bronze: 14 },
> { Country: "Russia", Gold: 27, Silver:27, Bronze:
38 } ]);

> private function displayGold(data:Object, field:String,
> index:Number, percentValue:Number):String {
> var temp:String= (" " + percentValue).substr(0,6);
> return data.Country + ": " + '\n' + "Total Gold: " +
data.Gold +
> '\n' + temp + "%";
> }
> private function rollOverp(evt:ChartItemEvent){
> dg.selectedIndex =evt.hitData.chartItem.index
> }
> ]]>
> </mx:Script>
>
> <mx:PieChart id="chart" height="334" width="374"
> showDataTips="true" dataProvider="{medalsAC}" x="21"
y="10"
> themeColor="#804000" itemRollOver="rollOverp(event)" >
> <mx:series>
> <mx:PieSeries labelPosition="callout" field="Gold"
> labelFunction="displayGold"/>
> </mx:series>
> </mx:PieChart>
> <mx:DataGrid id ="dg" dataProvider="{medalsAC}" x="441"
y="323"/>