There is a complete event that fires when the swf is loaded.  The
updateComplete after that is the one you want.  You'll get
updateCompletes at other times as well

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Ingram
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:03 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Image - contentHeight / contentWidth

Hi, I'm trying to work out the aspect ratio of an image for a drag
resize that I will be doing. I read the docs
(http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/langref/mx/controls/SWFLoader.html#c
ontentHeight
<http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/langref/mx/controls/SWFLoader.html#c
ontentHeight> ) and it says:

"The value of this property is not final when the complete event is
triggered. You can get the value after the updateComplete event is
triggered."

So, I registered for the FlexEvent.UPDATE_COMPLETE event, and when it
fired, I got the contentHeight and contentWidth - but they were both 0!
(Looks like the image still hadn't downloaded).

Now I get the aspect ratio on the mouse down event, but I don't like
calculating the ratio every time the user clicks! I would prefer to get
it one time only.

Any clues on this much appreciated,

Mark