Hi Jobe,

There are no stupid questions :D

I have no socket server running on port 80 -- simply a custom built
http server. What I want to do is use the Sockets functionality built
into Flash to communicate over port 80 with my web server. (You could
think of this as building a web browser inside flash using raw
sockets). I don't know exactly what a "Socket server" is, but I'm
using sockets as defined by wikipedia, "an end-point in the IP
networking protocol".

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jobe Makar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
> Stupid question, but are you serving up your SWF on port 80 and then
trying to connect to a socket server at the same location on port 80?
If so, then port 80 is already in use.