Might be timing.  Try setting selectedIndex either before or after
adding children or maybe later via callLater

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of james.tundra
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] TabNavigator selectedIndex property

Hey all,

I've run into a problem when trying to set the selectedIndex property
on a TabNavigator. The TabNavigator is set in mxml, however I am
adding and removing children with AS3 at runtime depending on what
node the user clicks in a Tree control (hope that makes sense). The
children are doing what they are supposed to (i.e. attaching and
removing, and getting initialised with whatever data I pass to them).
But when the selectedIndex is, say, 3 and then the user clicks a tree
node forcing the TabNavigator to remove and reload children, I am
trying to reset the selectedIndex property back to 0 (to show the
first tab) - this part works, that tabnavigator shows the right tab,
but the tab button that appears selected is still the old property (3
in this scenario).

So is this a display problem or the way that I am adding/removing
children? I have tried invalidateDisplayList() and callLater, but
nothing seems to help. Hope someone has some insight...

Cheers.