This is quite slow.
I wait for the app to disable, then any animations running while the app is disabled lag.

On 01/06/2007, at 3:51 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

Did you try Application.application.enabled = false?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Troy Gilbert
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:19 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Disable Clicks while on busyCursor

Is it just me, or is it a bit surprising that we've got to hack something together to handle this? Come on, Adobe... what's a proper solution (and why wasn't it built into the CursorManager!)? I've got enough asynchronous problems to deal with than have to worry that the user's going to go off willy-nilly clicking buttons while the busy cursor is being shown. I understand that some folks may not want it to *always* prevent mouse clicks, but a little boolean flag (or two) in the CursorManager that prevents mouse clicks and/or focus changes/keyboard events would be very, very nice.

Troy.

On 5/31/07, Anthony Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> - Make all your active components register themselves then loop through
>> and disable/enable them according to your busy state

> Too taxing on cpu...

How many components are we talking about?

Hack #3
Generate an Alert and position it outside the viewable area. They're modal by default... meaning the user shouldn't be able to click on anything till you clear it.

Anthony

Regards,

Bjorn Schultheiss
Senior Developer

Personalised Communication Power

Level 2, 31 Coventry St.
South Melbourne 3205,
VIC Australia

T:  +61 3 9674 7400
F:  +61 3 9645 9160
W:  http://www.qdc.net.au

((------------This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you believe you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender.---------------))