Is this maybe a known cacheAsBitmap bug? When stepping through the code I
got erratic, non-deterministic behavior... for example, at one point the
text property of the TextField (in the debugger) read "0" but onscreen a "-"
was displayed. cacheAsBitmap is "true" because I put a drop-shadow filter on
the text. Taking away the drop-shadow filter makes everything work as
expected (at least for now).

Is there a list somewhere of known Flash Player bugs?

Troy.