--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "hank williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> So in your mind, Adobe's goal of being cross platform should be
> abandoned since there is no way to do cross-platform COM? Would you
> find it acceptable if it allowed you to do Mac only desktop stuff or
> does windows only compatible == desktop software?

I think Adobe should provide hooks that allow extension, for instance
by Java.  If it so happens that a third-party or homegrown extension
*happens* not to be cross-platform, AIR itself will still be cross-
platform.  It shouldn't be Adobe's business to enforce that
everything that could ever be used by AIR would have to be cross-
platform.

For example, both Authorware and Director (Adobe's desktop
application building programs) are both cross-platform but allow
extension via Xtras and other means.  Not all of those Xtras are
cross-platform, but developers still find them incredibly useful,
either because they are only working on one platform or because they
can work around the gap in some other way on the other platform.

-Amy