From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of chuyler1
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 2:12 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] WebService Basic Authentication over HTTPS?

I need to connect to a .NET WebService over SSL which uses Basic
Authentication.  I have tried the setCredentials function but it doesn't
work.

Are there plans to support this feature?  Is there a work-around? I
would prefer to get the credentials from the user through a login view
in Flex and then check them under the covers without the browser popping
up any messages.

I have searched the internet and various mailing lists and forums but I
have yet to find an answer.