(measuredHeight > height) will tell you if a component should be clipped and
the flex framework will normally enforce this.  If you're doing something
weird in extending the framework and want so see if you're still enforcing
this rule, make sure the scrollRect property is properly set. (no clipping
-> scrollRect == null)  Remember, to wait until everything has  been
validated to check this property because it maybe incorrect during
intermediate processing.

- Dan Freiman