--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Amy,
>
> This may be your place.
>
> Go for it!

OK, first question:

In Lesson 7 (p 162), we instantiate the PopupManager class from
inside a component.  Wouldn't that cause problems accessing it from
other parts of the program, if you needed to?  Or am I
misunderstanding the singleton class issue?

Second question:

Later in Lesson 7 (p 172), we create an ArrayCollection just of
categories and then another ArrayCollection of Products arranced
under the key of the ID of the Category.  Why are we not just adding
a Products property to each Category and storing the Products in
that?  Maybe that's explained or corrected later, but that's as far
as I've read.  :-)

Third question:

It seems to me that all the looping in the logic described in my
second question is necessary because of a glaring hole in E4X.
Because all of the hype around E4X says it assumes that the order of
the XML nodes is important, yet when you use the .. operator, you
don't get back any information on where that node was found.  Does
that hole actually exist, or is it just a hole in the docs for Flex?
If it does exist, has anyone extended E4X to fix this, and if so
could I get a link?  If not, is it even possible (is the E4X logic in
a class that is extensible?

OK, that last question was actually several questions, but maybe
someone can answer them, or at least take a stab.

Thanks;

Amy