Hey Flexcoders... got a question.

I've got all transformations on non-embedded fonts integrated, but
the rotate feature is tripping me up a bit.

The trick I want to use is as follows:

1. Class MyLabel (extends Sprite) contains one reference to
MyTextField class - an extension of UITextField. It also contains one
Bitmap.
2. When a transformation is applied (transform.matrix) to the MyLabel
class, the transformation is captured and split into it's components
- scale, then rotation/skew. It's easy to split up these components.
3. MyTextField gets scaled, a new bitmap is created at that size and
rendered to the MyLabel as a rotated/skewed bitmap.  Obviously,
MyTextField is not a visible element in the MyLabel instance, just
the bitmap.

I put this technique out there just in case someone has done it
before and has some working code snippets that they are willing to
share.

The biggest thing is to figure out how to overried a transform.matrix
apply within any particular class. I would really prefer not
extending the transform and matrix classes to propagate these changes.

I know this is more of an AS3/Flash question, but I'm wondering if
there is maybe an event that propagates down the chain can be
captured when a transform is applied to a sprite or other display
object?

thanks for any tips!

- jon