All the work was worth it though, I have a relatively high quality bitmap representation of text that can be rotated, scaled realtime by an end user and I don't have to load a dang font to do it. Finally.

rock on!

- jon

On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:01 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

I think if you override validateNow(), when it comes back it is pretty much done.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon Bradley
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:04 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] addChild to UITextField?

On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

You can add a _children property, but you can’t get it to render children.

Well... at least I won't try to go down that route now. :)

Related to the same problem ... do you know if there is an event triggered when the style of a UITextField is modified (and the result is applied/rendered)?

I have it almost working but I can't seem to get the field to draw into the bitmap at the right time. It's always drawing before the text field itself is resized or the font or other properties change.

closer...