Are you running the 64-bit version of XP?

I don't know a lot about 64-bit Windows, so please take this with a
grain of salt, but my understanding is that the Flash player does not
currently work in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.  On 64-bit
Vista, the 64-bit IE is in the traditional IE location, "C:\Program
Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", and the 32-bit version of IE is
in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe".  Is that
also true on 64-bit XP?

On 64-bit Vista, and perhaps also on 64-bit XP, if you go to the
Eclipse/FlexBuilder preferences, General > Web Browser, and check the
"Internet Explorer" box, then the version of IE that is listed there
is the 64-bit version; you can verify this by double-clicking on the
"Internet Explorer" line and looking at the path that is displayed.
But if you check the "Default system web browser" box, then it seems
that for some reason Windows runs the 32-bit version (perhaps because
the launching process, Eclipse, is a 32-bit process, or something like
that -- I'm not sure.)

So, there are two ways to work around this problem:

(1) In the preferences, check the "Default system web browser" box. Or,
(2) Edit the path for Internet Explorer (or add a new browser called
"IE 32-bit") to point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe".

Let me know if this works!

- Mike Morearty
  Adobe Flex Builder team

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Guillermo Villasana Cardoza
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having problems viewing my flex app in IE7. I am running
Windows XP