Alex,

That does work, my trouble was that I was overwriting the protected
function onFocusOut to do other actions.  I tried to set
this.horizontalScrollPosition = 0 within the onFocusOut function, but
it still would not fire from AS.  I ended up having to rewrite the
custom component to allow the focusOut to be part of the control as
you suggested.