I am running into problems using drag and drop in Flex.  I have a
data grid and a list; I want to implement drag and drop between the two.

Here is the catch:
The list and the grid have different data providers that are of
different types.  This causes the list not to accept dragged items
from the grid and vice versa.  They are custom types of data, but I do
have
factories to convert from one type to the other.

Can I use these factories to convert the data to a different type when
the DragEvent.DRAG_START event is fired so that my list will accept
dragged items from my grid?  Has anyone done anything similar that can
give me some direction with this issue?

Thanks,
Sean