i have not found one for AS3, but i think you 'can' still use the as2 swf if
you setup a local connection to it.  i just did a very similar thing for the
yahoo maps API, here is a link describing how to do it- should give u an
idea of how to do this with fusioncharts.

http://weblog.cahlan.com/2006/09/yahoo-maps-in-flex-2-as3.html

D.