From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Baljeet singh
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 11:07 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Tree collapses when dataProvider for tree
changes

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion. But dataProvider has to be changed, &
accordingly tree changes.

Considering XML as tree of nodes, I am retrieving that particular
node when dataProvider changes on the basis of "id" attribute . Each
node is going to have unique value for "id" atribute in XML String. By
this way i gets a XML object.

That XML object is used for expandItem() method or for selectedItem
attribute.

Thanks & Regards,

Baljeet

, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where the XML comes from shouldn't matter. Think of XML as a tree of
> nodes each with a unique id (UID). The Tree tracks the UIDs of nodes
> that are open.
>
> If you change the XML enough, the set of nodes, even if they look the
> same, may have new UIDs and thus the set of open items and calls to
> expandItem may not work.
>
> Also note that if you bind to the XMLListCollection, you risk changes
> the collection causing the collection to be re-assigned and thus flush
> the open items list.
>
> Thus:
> [Bindable[
> var xmlc:XMLListCollection;
> <mx:Tree id="foo" dataProvider="{xmlc"} />
>
> may end up resetting the dataProvider as you modify xmlc.
>
> var xmlc:XMLListCollection
> <mx:Tree id="foo" initialize="foo.dataProvider=xmlc" />
>
> Will not reset as it is not watching the collection for bindable
> changes. Similarly, if you assign the dataProvider on the result of
the
> server fetch, you'll be safer that way too.

> From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
]
On