You need a crossdomain.xml file in the root level on the domain you
are trying to access.

I happen to have the flex docs open, here is the example they give..

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- http://www.foo.com/crossdomain.xml -->
<cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="www.friendOfFoo.com"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*.foo.com"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="105.216.0.40"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

again, that should be in a file called crossdomain.xml and should be
placed in the domain you are trying to access from the flex app.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jen_bonnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm a newbie.  I've developed a small dashboard application based
> upon the Sample Dashboard Application.  It works great locally;
but,
> when I upload it to the server, I get a security issue when I try
> run the application.  (Note: it is pulling XML data from
Webservices.)

mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::fa
> ultHandler()
>       at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()
>       at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
>       at private::DirectHTTPMessageResponder/securityErrorHandler()
>       at

flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEv

http://dev.mooringtech.com/fxDashboard/bin/fxDashboard.html

http://dev.mooringtech.com/fxWebServices/GetMonthlyQuotesBySource.aspx