Oops spoke too soon. I'm getting a TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot
access a property or method of a null object reference when I click on
the datagrid to send the ID. The code hasn't changed since the example
below, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one.

                public function onSelectFirstGrid(event:Event):void

                {

                        orgProgramRequest.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,
onResult)

                        //var params:Object = new Object();
                        //params['id'] = dgOrg.selectedItem.orgID;
                        orgProgramRequest.send(dgOrg.selectedItem.orgID);

                }

                public function onResult(e:ResultEvent):void

                {

                        var xmlResult:XML = e.result as XML;

                        trace(xmlResult.toXMLString()); //is that the xml you
expected?

                        var xlResult:XMLList = xmlResult.children(); //or other
expression

                        trace(xlResult.length()); //is that the right
expression?

                        dg2data = new XMLListCollection(xlResult)

                        trace(dg2data.getItemAt(0).toXMLString());

                }

                [Bindable]
                public var dg2data: XMLListCollection;