From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of donvoltz
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 3:15 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Help Creating Tree from Complex XML

Hello,

would someone be able to give some guidance in the construction of a
tree control from complex XML.

I am trying to create the following tree display

Accounting
--John Waters
--Betty Smith
Sales
--Bob Long
--Sam Schwartz
Marketing
--Howard Lyons
Human Resources
--Sue Taylor
--Bill Montgomery

using this XML as a starting point

<row>
<user>
<userID>1</userID>
<department>Accounting</department>
<firstname>John</firstname>
<lastname>Waters</lastname>
<email>[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:johnwaters%40aol.com> </email>
<officePhone>555-1212</officePhone>
<birthday>1965-08-12</birthday>
/<user>
</row>

Currently I am returning a similar XML stream from a MySQL database
as e4X and it is bound to an XMLListCollection. This collection then
is used as the dataProvider for my tree control. and department is
used as the label. What I would like to see is all of the users of a
given department are within one branch of the tree and when this
brach is open I would see their first and last names. Currently, this
set up creates a brach for listing the department for each user in
the XMLListCollection and when this branch is opened, all of their
data is contained. What is the process of grouping all departments
together and then only displaying part of the XMLListCollection
within the branch?

Thanks for the help

Don