Please file a bug for that.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alban Soupper
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:52 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] RE: DataGridColumn width

Thanks Stephen :)

It's ugly but it works ;)

Thanks a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
] On
Behalf Of Stephen Allison
Sent: 11 September 2007 10:37
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>

Hello Alban,
I had a similar requirement and ended up catching the columnStretch
event of the data grid and laying out inputs (labels for me) on a
canvas in the handler for columnStretch. I would hope there's a
better way though. It' a shame just binding to the column widths
doesn't work. You may want to catch updateComplete too if anything
else can cause your columns to change width.

<mx:DataGrid id="dgAllData"
columnStretch="arrangeTotals(dgAllData)"
updateComplete="arrangeTotals(dgAllData)">

...snip...
</mx:DataGrid>

and then something along the lines of
private function arrangeTotals(grid:DataGrid):void {
var cumulativeWidth:Number = 0;
for each (var col:DataGridColumn in grid.columns) {
// logic to layout your controls
cumulativeWidth += col.width;

This worked for me, though I admit it's not a very elegant solution.
Stephen

On 11 Sep 2007, at 09:06, Alban Soupper wrote:

> Sorry, the mail has been sent before I can complete it L

> <mx:HBox width="{dg.width}">
>
> <mx:TextInput id="filter1" ... width="{column1.width}"/>

> </mx:HBox>

> <mx:DataGrid id="dg">
>
> <mx:columns>
>
> <mx:DataGridColumn id="column1"
> headerText="c1"/>

> </mx:columns>
>
> </mx:DataGrid>
>

> This doesn't work!
>
> The text inputs have not the good size and they don't resize
> themselves when the columns are resized.

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this
message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:postmaster%40eim.ch>  or by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. Thank you.