Thanks Dale. The focus management is definitely buggy. In fact, I
probably should have provided a disclaimer but it slipped my mind.
That is definitely an area that will be improved in the near future
but thanks for pointing out a good test case.

Thanks again,
Ben

http://www.returnundefined.com/2007/09/announcing-flexmdi-robust-extensible-mdi-framework-for-adobe-flex/