I have just implemented ssl in my application and I am getting some
strange results.  I use both IE and Firefox for my testing.

I have a JBoss server and use RemoteObject's to pass data back and
forth between my Flex client and my server code via amf channels.  I
have reconfigured my channels to use https and have reset my project
settings to refer to my new https port and recompiled and re-deployed
my app.

In Firefox, everything works exactly the same as before I implemented
the SSL layer, just via an http URL, but on IE I get asked if I want
to accept the certificate, the swf installs itself and then everything
goes silent.  I get no traffic bewteen my swf and the server at all
and nothing in any logs.  Just total silence.

The really weird thing is that if I run IE as the default browser in a
debug session it works fine.  It only seems to be when I connect to my
server directly from IE that it doesn't work.  I have tried several
other machines connecting to the same server instance and I get the
same thing, Firefox is fine, IE doesn't work.

Anyone encountered behaviour like this?  Could there be some stupid IE
security issue stopping the swf from talking to the amf channels?

As much as I hate to say it, life stops without IE...

Any ideas?

Simon