I have a UI which has a collection of filter definitions via lists, an
ArrayCollection of objects to be filtered, a ListCollectionView bound
to the ArrayCollection and a filter function which consumes the lists
and applies the appropriate filter to the objects.  I then have a
datagrid which displays the filtered list of objects by binding to the
ListCollectionView.

The filtering works fine and as expected, and the ListCollectionView
and filter funciton is a very neat way to provide the filtered list
with arbitrarily complex filter criteria.

However, once the list is filtered I get very strange behaviour in the
selection of items in the datagrid.  I have multiple selection enabled
on my datagrid and double-click so I can hop to a dialog to edit the
object.

Often when I click a completely different row gets selected.  Just as
often the very last row in the grid is selected.  Quite often nothing
at all gets selected.  The clicks and double-clicks get fired but
there is nothing in the selectedItem variable on the grid.

I'm not doing the object selection myself, I am leaving it up to the
datagrid to handle it, so I cannot blame bad indexing on my end, it
just doesn't seem to work properly.

I'm using FlexBuilder 2.

Anyone encountered anything like this?  I am hoping it is not a bug.