I know Adobe has heard an earful on this, but I'd like to stress it again
since the issue has again been raised:

Fullscreen mode without keyboard support is virtually worthless for almost
any app other than playing fullscreen video. Now, I understand that
fullscreen video is the primary reason for inclusion of this functionality.
Fine.

But Adobe needs to pay some serious attention to the world of online games
which heavily use the Flash platform. Fullscreen games would be huge, but
without keyboard support it simply won't happen. Fullscreen web apps like
Picnik would be huge, but without keyboard support its limiting.

I think the security requirement that an app can only go to fullscreen
inside of a mouse or keyboard event is perfect. I think the security
requirement that the ESCAPE key will *always* take the user out of the
fullscreen is fine. I'd even be fine with the Flash Player popping open a
confirmation dialog when the user wanted to go fullscreen just to be sure
(with a corresponding "always for this website" option, just like popup
blockers).

But preventing all keyboard usage? It just renders fullscreen a completely
worthless feature for our products. We would embrace it and brag about it
and usher in some spectacular web-based experiences only possible because of
the Flash platform, but simply won't be able to because we need a minimum
amount of keyboard functionality (filling in a few forms, cursor keys,
etc.).

AIR isn't the answer for us as the whole reason we've gone with the Flash
platform is the instant accessibility (no downloads).

Please, please, please Adobe... please give us keyboard access in
fullscreen! Please!

Troy.