Alex,
I have tried the method you suggest, but it did not act the way I wanted, because it forces me to create a sort on my ArrayCollection, which sorts my grid. I extended the datagrid to find the value I am looking for based on the value and the name of the value. Let us know if you see a disadvantage to doing this.

http://example.3alves.com/superdatagrid/
right click to see the source:
http://example.3alves.com/superdatagrid/srcview/

Graham,
Wait for Alex to give the green light before you use this approach. I have only used it with my ComboBox 's and am not sure if it is good practice.

Regards,
Tony

Alex Harui wrote:

Yeah, sorry, createCursor(), and findAny, findFirst, or findLast, which if they return true, leaves the cursor.current on the item found.

.