Hi,

I think they used mx states.

We have a commercial component that does exactly that and more. It is also a
container with custom title bars, effects and tile layout class, preview
pane etc. This component was modeled after the the one you are looking at to
show how powerful and extensible custom components are.

http://www.teotigraphix.com/components/containers/rotatinglistfx

Thanks, Mike

--
Teoti Graphix
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Blog - Flex2Components
http://www.flex2components.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.