The http headers to control (and avoid the cache) come from the
server side, that is, it is not useful at all that you set the
headers from the client side.
In order to avoid cache you need to set the header "Pragma" with the
value "no-cache" and also set "Expires" with "-1" to give your
content an inmediate expiration, but remember: set these values from
the server, not from the client.

Regards.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Scott - FastLane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> If you have control of the server side of your project, you could
ask
> them to include the cache in their response header... I believe
that is
> the way it is supposed to work.  The server indicates that the
content
> it is returning is dynamic in nature and should not be cached.
While
> adding the current time to each of your requests as a parameter
will
> avoid caching, it is a bit burdensome if you have a large system to
> implement.  Note also that the no-cache response header is ignored
by
> IE/flashplayer when your request is over https as described here
> http://blog.fastlanesw.com/?p=9.  Note: I also describe the
workaround
> that I use to get around this issue.
>
> hth
> Scott
>
> Dan Todor wrote:
> >
> > Try adding current system time as a parameter to your request, it
will
> > avoid caching.
> > hth
> >
> > On 9/17/07, *Guido* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi y'all,
> >
> >     I've been having this problem for a while now, and I've went
by
> >     the docs on RPC components time and time again, getting no
> >     solution for this.
> >
> >     I have an HTTP service and I need to guarantee that its
results
> >     are not cached by either the app or the browser.
> >
> >     My last attempt on this is:
> >
> >     <mx:HTTPService id="myService"
> >             concurrency="last"
> >             headers="{new URLRequestHeader("Cache-Control" ,
> >     "no-cache")}"
> >             makeObjectsBindable="true"
> >             requestTimeout="10"
> >             showBusyCursor="true"
> >             useProxy="false"
> >             url="{myServiceURL}"/>
> >
> >     When debugging the app, the service's HTTP header property is
> >     populated by the URLRequestHeader, so I believe It's getting
built
> >     adequately. Also, when inspecting the AsyncToken returned by
> >     myService.send(), the message property has its headers also
> >     populated by the URLRequestHeader.
> >
> >     The thing is that when I check for adequate reception on the
> >     server side, I don't get the Cache-Control header at all.
> >

> >     Does anyone know how to make HTTP headers work for
HTTPServices?