Thats why for all of my custom components and managers I created a new
CursorManager that wraps the mx one.

In each of the managers or components I have;

    /*
     * The move cursor skin for the MoveManagerFX.
     */
    moveCursorSkin:Embed(source="moveCursor.png");
    /*
     * The move cursor's x offset.
     */
    moveCursorXOffset:-10;
    /*
     * The move cursor's y offset.
     */
    moveCursorYOffset:-10;

styles.

Where the styles names are organized by;

cursorName + "Skin";
cusrorName + "XOffset";
cursorName + "YOffset";

The custom cursor manager then uses the styleName of the client to get what
ever cursor is needed. There then can easily be set in styles anywhere.

Peace, Mike

--
Teoti Graphix
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Blog - Flex2Components
http://www.flex2components.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.