--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "flashcrow2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> When i usually get this error, I delete the package name and I hit
> Ctrl+Space, and let Flex autocomplete with its correct value. It might
> be a problem with the Folder name. I presume you have a folder list of
> something like com/classes/Events (if no, you might consider using
one)

I tried that after reading your suggestion and FB replaced the old name
with..itself.  The error still exists on compile.  I'm following the
folder structure suggested in the book, which is more natural than
cramming everything into a com folder (and saves on the typing).
Presumably any third party components would be designed to go into a
com folder and so would not conflict with somethimg more utilitarian
created outside of it.

Thanks;

Amy