You could probably do an AIR app that could do this. You need to be
able to read the bytes of the file inside your app, that's a no-go for
a SWF running inside somebody's browser (unless they give you special
permissions, and even then there's no controls available for browsing
to the file, etc.)

>From AIR, you have flash.filesystem.* package. You can browse local
file system and open up the file as FileStream. Then you can use any
algorithm you want to alter the bytes before sending them to the server.

-- Michael