From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of arieljake
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:03 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: RSLs

Basically, after reading the module docs, I am trying to do this:

Workspace contents:
1. Base library, to be used in different applications
2. Application Specific library that depends on the Base Library
3. Application that depends on the Base and Application Specific
Libraries
4. Modules, loaded into a view stack of the Application, but only if
the user requests.

Therefore, I am trying to do this:
1. Compile the Base Library as a Flex Library Project.
2. Compile the Application Specific Library also as a Flex Library
Project, with a library path dependency on the Base Library swc that
is merged into code.
3. Compile the Application as a Flex Project with library dependencies
on both the Base Library and Application Specific Library, both merged
into code.
4. Compile the Modules as a Flex Project with each Module file noted
as a separately compiled Module, with the library dependencies on the
Base Library and the Application Specific Library defined as External,
and the build destination is a folder in the source path of the
Application.

When I do this, and try to load a swf from the Modules within the
Application, I immediately get an error that a class from the Base
Library could not be found. This appears to be an issue related to the
External definition. How do I help Flex/Flex Builder resolve this issue?

Is this the correct approach?

Thanks Alex, or anyone else that can help.