Thanks for the quick reply!

I see what you saying.. thanks for that..

My array is sequential tho.. its not a 2d array so records[i][j]
does not work.. I guess I could try one for loop that assigns each
column for one record and then increments i by 8 or something..
I'm thinking that could be trouble tho.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Giles Roadnight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Something liek this:
>
> var records:Array // I'm assuming an array or arrays from your post
> var dataProvider:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();
>
> for (var i:int = 0; i < records.length; i++)
> {
>      var currentObject:Object = new Object();
>      for (var j:int = 0; j < records[i].length; i++)
>      {
>           currentObject["col" + j] = records[i][j];
>      }
>      dataProvider.addItem(currentObject);
> }
>
> then the grid:
>
> <mx:DataGrid id="dg" width="100%"
> height="100%" rowCount="5" dataProvider="{dataProvider}" >
> <mx:columns>
> <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="col0"
> headerText="Date" textAlign="center" />
> <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="col1"
> headerText="Date" textAlign="center" />
>
> ect, I hope that helps
>
> On 9/20/07, djdyland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   I understand what your saying.. but I'm not sure how to do
that in
> > actionscript? anyway you can just show me how you would do this
part

> > turn each line into an object with properites (e.g. col1, col2 or
> > whatever you like
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Giles
> > Roadnight" <giles@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > If you turn each line into an object with properites (e.g.
col1,
> > col2 or
> > > whatever you like, somethign more descriptive perhaps) put all
> > these objects
> > > into an ArrayCollection and use this ArrayCollection as the
> > dataprovider for
> > > your grid.
> > >
> > > In the datagrid use the property names of the object as the
> > datafield for
> > > each column.

> > now

> > its