From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jon Bradley
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:44 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Is it possible to anti-alias fonts without
embedding?

On Sep 22, 2007, at 1:23 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

Device fonts are anti-aliased except when cached as bitmaps.  They
should be anti-aliased even when cached as bitmaps in the upcoming
Player 9,0,60 and later.

Now all you guys need to do is support rotation on non-embedded fonts.

That would so make my day - using the bitmap conversion hack is tricky
(especially for user-controlled rotation and scale of a field).

Was there a nice elegant solution you guys developed for the Premier
Express Flex application? I know now that chart labels do this, but I'm
still having issues drawing the fields when they are first loaded up
into an application - prior to them actually being rendered on the
screen through normal interaction.

Maybe I'm missing an event or something that would solve that issue...

- jon