I think you need to call validateNow() on the component's parent.

- Gordon

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Daniel
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:23 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Real size of components

Hey guys...

this.validateNow() doesn't work... the width property doesn't refresh
after that call... and the listener for the updateComplete Event
wouldn't work much for me, because i'm laying out the panels and I
need the width and height immediatly... Is there any way to get the
size immediatly? I could use the updateComplete handler, but rather
leave it as a last choice...

Thanx a lot,
DaNooB