I have done EXTENSIVE testing and reduplicating of this problem/bug.
Does anyone have APACHE specifically as a server accepting firefox
uploads ssl using fileReference.upload?

At this point I don't believe it is possible. I have tweaked apache,
installed on windows, linux, redhat, everything works over http, but
not https - an error is immediately thrown, it appears to mishandle
the ssl handshake, as image data is never actually sent in a post.
Again, everything is fine in IE, just not in firefox.

This is a huge issue for me atm, and is making my choice of flex as
technology to use in my current project look like the wrong one.

Anyone on the flex team with a spare second (if those exist), verify
this bug and post it? This is not to be confused with firefox using a
new session. I think that is why this has gone on undetected, people
dismiss it as that problem.

Dimitrios - if you are using apache than I sincerely doubt you are
doing the file upload over ssl. Please verify?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have it working in FF... one issue with FF of course is that when
you do a file upload it creates a brand new session on the server-side
and there is nothing you can do to work around that. It is something
that Adobe knows about but requires and extensive change in the Flash
player to get it to work properly.

> You shouldn't need to set any special headers. I use Java as my
backend, so I have a servlet waiting to receive the files and I just
use the FileReference class in Flex to do the upload.

> Dimitrios Gianninas
> Development Team Lead
> Optimal Payments Inc.
>

> ________________________________

On Behalf Of wizardry_wiz
> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 2:19 PM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [flexcoders] firefox and FileReference.upload over SSL -
error 2038

> If you have file upload working on firefox over SSL, please let me
> know it is possible.
> If nobody replies, I'm going to assume flex cannot do it, and call
> javascript to pop up a window and upload files that way.
>
> I cannot seem to log the connect attempt in any way on my server, but
> examining my packets via ethereal I see its trying something.
> I have it completely working in IE, after getting around the SSL
> problem and sending the right stuff (as I mentioned to its_llpj):
> header("Cache-Control: ");
> header("Pragma: ");
> session_cache_limiter('public');
>
> Is it possible I have to do something similar in order to get firefox
> to upload files? The problem is showing similar symptoms.
>
> Please help,
>
> Seth
>

> --
> WARNING
> -------
> This electronic message and its attachments may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information, which is
solely for the use of the intended recipient.  No privilege or other
rights are waived by any unintended transmission or unauthorized
retransmission of this message.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if you have received it in error, you should
immediately stop reading this message and delete it and all
attachments from your system.  The reading, distribution, copying or
other use of this message or its attachments by unintended recipients
is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender.

> AVIS IMPORTANT
> --------------
> Ce message électronique et ses pièces jointes peuvent contenir des
renseignements confidentiels, exclusifs ou légalement privilégiés
destinés au seul usage du destinataire visé.  L'expéditeur original ne
renonce à aucun privilège ou à aucun autre droit si le présent message
a été transmis involontairement ou s'il est retransmis sans son
autorisation.  Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire visé du présent
message ou si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, veuillez cesser
immédiatement de le lire et le supprimer, ainsi que toutes ses pièces
jointes, de votre système.  La lecture, la distribution, la copie ou
tout autre usage du présent message ou de ses pièces jointes par des
personnes autres que le destinataire visé ne sont pas autorisés et
pourraient être illégaux.  Si vous avez reçu ce courrier électronique
par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur.