This is some very interesting code.  I can see a great value using this code to
convert data returned by a web service into Flex objects.

  Three issues come to mind.

  1) I don't always construct an object from XML.  Sometimes, I construct an
object with data returned from a web service, but other times, I'm just making
a new object to send TO the server.  Last time I tried to overload
constructors, I got compile errors from Flex.  My solution was to just make a
PopulateFromXml method that I could use when I had XML data to populate.

  2) What would you do if the XML had a tag that was a reserved word?  A child
named "function" for example?  or "return"?  In my code, I got around it by
generating Flex object from each Java object in my model, and making an XML
populator for each class.  Your general purpose class is a much better solution
if I can find a clever way around the reserved word problem.

  3) I think long numbers need to be in a Number, but Numbers can't be null.
When a Number
  gets sent to a web service, it has the value "NaN", which can't be
deserialized on the server.  Adding support for the "*" type would handle that
- just populate it with a Number if one is present, otherwise leave it
uninitialized.

  Just my $.02  -- or is that $.03 }:-),

  Steve
Roger Braunstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hi there,

  Tony Alves tipped me off that there was a thread about this when I posted my
article on instant binding to XML models. Feel free to use the code I present
in my approach here:
http://www.partlyhuman.com/blog/roger/instant-model-binding-with-reflection

  Cheers!
  Roger Braunstein