From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ming4u2
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Passing Values to popup components and then
passing back

Hi,

I am working on an exisiting application and trying to pass value to
opup components. I don't know if I am not doing it right but the
values are not being passed and then calling the correct HHTP call
for the data. Can anyone point me to the right direction besides the
Adobe live docs, which really doenst help much.

The page that calls the popup

public function changeHandler():void
{
var adminPopUp:componentDetail =
componentDetail(PopUpManager.createPopUp
(this,Pages.Components.componentDetail,true));
if(viewcomponentlisting.selectedItem){
componentDetail(adminPopUp).AssetID =
viewcomponentlisting.selectedItem.AssetID;
componentDetail
(adminPopUp).LifeCycleID =
viewcomponentlisting.selectedItem.LifeCycleID;
componentDetail(adminPopUp).title =
viewcomponentlisting.selectedItem.Description;
PopUpManager.centerPopUp(adminPopUp);
}
else {
var alert:Alert = Alert.show
([EMAIL PROTECTED],"AssetID",Alert.OK | Alert.CANCEL,this);
return;

And then the component that is supposed to recieve the values, I set
them to Bindable variables

[Bindable]
public var AssetID:String;

[Bindable]
public var LifeCycleID:String;

And then I am trying to pass those variables to the HTTP request.

<mx:HTTPService id="getAssetLifeCycleComponentXML"
requestTimeout="30" url="someurl.com"
result="assignSelectedItemComponent();" showBusyCursor="true"
resultFormat="e4x">
<mx:request>
<AssetID>AssetID</AssetID>
<LifeCycleID>LifeCycleID</LifeCycleID>
</mx:request>
</mx:HTTPService>
<mx:XMLListCollection id="assetLifeCycleComponentColl"
source="{getAssetLifeCycleComponentXML.lastResult.assetlifecyclecompon
entinfo}" />