It's really easy. Just check out Timer documentation on livedocs.
E.g. in your pop-up class (or in class which will handle your pop-up):

public class PopUpClass extends TitleWindow {

private var timer : Timer;

public function PopUpClass() {
 timer = new Timer(<number of seconds to display pop-up>, 1);
 timer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, onTimer);
}

public function show() : void {
 PopUpManager.addPopUp(this);
 if (timer.running) {
  timer.stop();
 }
 timer.start();
}

private function onTimer(event : TimerEvent) : void {
 PopUpManager.removePopUp(this);