I have a List that needs to allow users to drag items into and out of
it, but prevent them from dragging and dropping within the list, like
if they wanted to reorder it.

I can prevent the internal dragging and dropping by calling
preventDefault() on the drag event, but the list still shows the caret
where the user dropped the item, and it stays there even after the
drop. Is there any way to disable this? It won't let me set
showCaret=false, even though it's listed as a property of ListBase.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks,

OK
DAH