And the book says:-)

 1. The Web As Platform

Like many important concepts, Web 2.0 doesn't have a hard boundary, but
rather, a gravitational core. You can visualize Web
2.0<http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html#mememap>as
a set of principles and practices that tie together a veritable solar
system of sites that demonstrate some or all of those principles, at a
varying distance from that core.

Notice it says Web2.0 is a platform, a set of principles and practices that
tie every thing together. And it lists web 1.0 <-> Web 2.0 and the thing is
that all those listed is about collaboration of information, in a platform
for sharing information.

Want to keep arguing it?