Also,

Look into using localToGlobal() on an object to translate coordinates
relative to a Display Object to coordinates relative to 0,0 in the
browser window.

Example:

var point:Point = new Point();
point.y += 25; // move my pop-up down 25 pixels
point = myButton.localToGlobal(point);

// display something using point.x and point.y as coordinates

~ Chris