This application basically now works.
It creates forms with labels and any kind of input fields based on the
given XML file. When you submit one form, the nex form is given untill
the last form, which then POSTS the collected date to results.php. Each
form eases off to the right while the next form eases in from the left.

This example is set up with an XML file that creates an example of each
type of input. Since my last post, I added the ability to create
radiobuttons., but the labels for the radiobuttons and checkboxes will
not linewrap if they are too long. They just don't show the end of the
line, because I haven't been able to get the multiline radiobuttons to
work yet.

Turns out the custom form objects were static and I had to recreate them
every time I wanted to access them.
I had to recreate the custom form object for every form so I could add
values from the grid, and then again at the end so I could access the
values.
So "CustomForm" is a little misleading because the CustomForm objects
are is really just static collections of arrays, and the forms are
actually grids created from those arrays.
In other words, this application does not use any MX: form objects at all.

I couldn't figure out how to access the  input components using their
ids, so I just had each item in the form correspond to the same item by
sequential order in the array it was created from. Now how I wanted to
do it but it seems to work. . In PHP, that would be risky