thanks. Yes, that is an option... I guess I was looking (hoping) for a simpler approach... I'll keep exploring.

- Kevin

On Sep 30, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Sheriff wrote:

all right, i am not an expert but i think you are going to need to extend the ButtonBar, override the createNav and create it so it looks for that variable and acts accordingly. the labels in the button bars are objects so u can disable them. sorry

----- Original Message ----
From: Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 11:50:08 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Bind 'enabled' properties of ButtonBar to model

I think I am missing something... not sure why this helps me to pass it as 'data' instead of 'enabled'. I still can't find a what to bind it automatically so that the change in the model with update the ButtonBar.

Here is a sample app. Possibly you can show me what I am doing wrong. Thanks! - Kevin

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf- 8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe. com/2006/ mxml" layout="vertical">
<mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
                import mx.collections. ArrayCollection;

                [Bindable]
public var navChoices:ArrayCol lection = newArrayCollection ( [{label:'Test1',data:true},

                                                {label:'Test2',data:false},

                                                {label:'Test3',data:false},

                                                {label:'Test4',data:true}]);

        ]]>
</mx:Script>
<mx:ButtonBar id="mainmenu" dataProvider= "{navChoices}"/>
</mx:Application>