Sorry, I meant to mention, I'm using Flex Builder 3.
Also, I  noticed that the "extends button" was missing in the class name
and that was the problem. I had some trouble setting up the files and in
the process I must have deleted that.

So ,in hindsite, "Method marked override must override another method"
meant that the method I was trying to override did not exist. In my
searches I found quite a few people out there who are having a hard time
figuring out what that sentence means. The way it is makes it sound like
you need to override the named method PLUS "another method"  which
doesn't make any sense and I don't think that is what it is supposed to
say. "Method marked override" doesn't make any sense either,  It should
be "Method defined as overide cannot override nonexistent method"