I have a datagrid with a single column that is populated with a heavily
styled item renderer. When I want to add another item to the grid, I am
not throwing a creationComplete event in the itemRenderer of the new
item in the grid.

Adobe has documented 'However, for an item renderer or item editor, Flex
might reuse an instance of the item renderer or item editor. But, a
reused instance of an item renderer or item editor does not redispatch
the creationComplete event. Instead, you can use the dataChange event
with an item renderer or item editor.'

This unfortunately is bug prone in the context I am using the renderer.
Is there a way to force an itemrender to throw a creationComplete event
when the dataprovider to the grid acquires a new data tiem?

Thanks!

Lukas